Policies and Procedures
Policies and Procedures for crescendo family music classes:
- Cancellation Policy: Payments made for tuition are non-refundable after the session begins.
- Make-up Classes. Registered families may register for up to two (2) make-up classes for missed classes. Please click on “Make Up Scheduler” on our website. If you have siblings registering for a make-up class, please make sure that you register EACH child. Should you register for a make-up and find that you cannot make the class, please cancel your registration call us at least 24 hours prior to the class. The makeup scheduler will be available after the session begins.
- Class Size and Teacher Assignment. Class size is normally a minimum of six and a maximum of 12 children. Some exceptions may be made. Teacher absences will normally be covered by a substitute from our team. If a substitute is not available, then an additional class will be added on at the end of the semester.
- You will receive two CDs, a digital music download code, and a songbook that accompanies the CDs. Look at the artful pictures in the book and listen to your music as much as you can.
- Sibling Policies. We welcome children ages birth through age 5 to register for classes. If you have an unregistered sibling that you would like to have attend a class, please clear with crescendo family music first. Any child attending class on a regular basis must be registered for class. Babies 8 months and under at the time of registration are admitted free with a registered sibling but still must be registered.
- Drinks ONLY in Class.: Liquids are fine to have in class (breastfeeding, water bottles, "no-spill" sippy cups, or regular bottles). Please be respectful by keeping all food out of the classroom. This is for the cleanliness of the room, people with food allergies, as well as safety (we do not want anyone choking).
- Illness. If you or your child is sick, please stay home. You can schedule two make-ups per session to account for times when you must miss. We clean any mouthed instruments after each class and do regular cleaning of all instruments during the semester.
- Talking in class. Please respect your child and the other class participants by not talking excessively with other adults during class. We love to chat and will have plenty of time for that before and after class. If you feel the urge to socialize, please do so with a singing voice.
- Photo Release. Occasionally, crescendo family music may take recordings, photographs, videos, or films of its programs and of the children participating in its programs. These materials may be used for educational, training, and promotional purposes. By agreeing to allow your child's photograph to be taken at registration, you consent to your inclusion in these materials. No names of children or parents will be used without additional consent. There is a selection question on your Account page to indicate your preference on the photography release.
- Personal Injury Waiver. A parent or care-giver is required to be present with each child participating in crescendo family music classes. Our team has worked very hard to provide a safe environment for you and your family. Therefore, by participating in class, families agree to hold crescendo family music classes and all teachers, staff, and affiliated persons free from all damages or liability for any injury to person or property arising from participation in classes.